Routine at home like laundry is usual. I do the laundry Mondays and Tuesdays. I picked these days because they are the days that I feel the blues. So I just want to stay at home and do chores basically washing the clothes. I seldom do the laundry on a Saturday because my family do weekend travels frequently. So I do not have enough time to do the chore on Saturdays or Sundays.
Before washing clothes, I segregate them according to the level of dirtiness, colors, type of clothing, and owner.
1. Firstly, I wash dark colored, heavy, and medium soiled clothing together.
Example: Jeans and dark colored towels.
2. Secondly, I put my hubby's shirts in the washing machine. Because none of them are critical with discoloration, I wash the shirts together. But I wash separately the ones with delicate fabric (it doesn't happen very often).
3. Then thirdly, I load my clothes all together (pants, blazers, shirts, dresses, sweaters, underwear except the bras, skirts, shorts except the denims, and pajamas). My clothes are not really dirty. So washing them together in a Easy Care cycle is okay.
4. Next I wash my darling daughters clothing. Her clothes don't have threat of discoloration so I put them all in the washer. But if she has new clothes, I wash them first to clean them and to check for discoloration.
5. I load the whites in the washer last because I put bleach sometimes.
If I change the bedding sheets, I load them in the washing machine after the jeans and towels. It takes hours to wash and dry clothes because of the cycle duration. And because I have other stuff to do in the house, I forget that it's time to load the next batch in the washer or dryer.