Pages

Jul 14, 2014

The Garden Is Looking Good But We Have A Problem

Here's the latest picture of our vegetable garden.  The tomatoes are bearing and there's plenty of them.  The okras at the back are looking great.  They are ready to give us some harvest soon because I saw a few little ones in there.  

The problem we have now is that some of the red tomatoes have holes in them.  Looks like they're pecked or something.  My husband and I were seeing a bird landing on the sticks that he was trying to scout where the ripe tomato is.  So I asked my dear husband to buy a plastic owl from the garden center.  I got the idea from my girl friend because she has one.  I hope this is gonna be effective.

But something is also bothering us.  Grasshoppers are around again!  I spoke with my neighbor and mentioned to her about the holes in the tomatoes.  She said grasshoppers also do that pecking thing.  Oh no!  We have to do something about it quick.

The owl is watching over.
Jalapenos and tomatoes.

Anyway, here are some tomatoes and jalapenos I picked this evening.  We have so many jalapenos, too.  We gave some to our neighbor across the street.  It's always nice to share.


No comments: