Pages

Aug 21, 2011

Treatment Starts Tomorrow

It is my dental appointment tomorrow.  This is my very first visit to the dentist's office since my pregnancy.  I was about to start my dental treatment last year when I learned that I was pregnant.  My husband and I had to reschedule it after delivery and recovery.

Because of hormonal changes in a pregnant woman's body, the gums will become sore, swollen and bleeding.  So it is not advisable to have tooth extraction while pregnant.  But it is still important to see a dentist or hygienist during pregnancy to prevent dental problems.

I really hate going to the dentist.  I am scared and nervous knowing that my teeth will be drilled.  But as soon as my gums get numb, everything is fine.(Smiles).  My husband saw the dentist first two weeks ago.  We are both thankful that we have a very good dental insurance. 

1 comment:

BLOGZOOM said...

Dear friend,

I remember when I was about 7 months my gums became swollen and I thought I had dental problems, and was soon happily not.

Hugs