Pages

Mar 29, 2014

Lighted Curio Cabinet - Oak

Finally, I found a lighted curio cabinet.  I have been wanting to buy one ever since.  This was also sold from a garage sale and good thing I was the first one who negotiated the price to the seller.  Gladly she accepted my offer.  I checked this type of lighted curio cabinet online and they're quite costly.  I saw a similar corner lighted curio cabinet in oak priced at $299.00.  This one I bought for $60 and still in excellent condition.  The glass shelves are complete and intact.

Hauling this piece of home furniture wasn't a joke because I picked this up by myself.  Yes, it's true.  My dear husband was at work and couldn't get at least a half day off because they're busy.  He just let me use his pick up truck.  With all my strength, I was able to lift the curio onto the back of the truck.  I felt soreness on my shoulders the next day.

Scared of it flying over board, the seller suggested to have it tied around to prevent from moving.  Thankfully there's a Lowe's store located close by that I stopped to buy a rope.  I humbly asked one of the staff who was currently gathering the shopping carts in the parking lot to help me tie the furniture in the truck.  I was so happy that he helped.

Our new lighted curio.
I was driving five miles less the speed limit on the superhighway.  That is to confident that the speed won't cause the furniture to tumble.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! It's beautiful, and even more so considering the deal you got for it. I love finding great deals like that!

mystylespot said...

Very pretty! I would love to have something like this in my house!

valmg @ Mom Knows It All said...

My Mom has a few like that, and you're right, they sell for a lot. Nice deal you found!

The Secret Life of a SAHM said...

This is so nice! I love it when you can find good deals on stuff.

Unknown said...

What a great deal! I would have hauled this myself too. Kudos to you!

Mharms said...

Thank you all! I think so too. So I grabbed the opportunity when the seller accepted my offer. ;)