Pages

Mar 15, 2014

Help! My Screen Is Sideways!

 "Help!  My Screen Is Sideways!"  These were the words I was muttering in the middle of the night in our living room.  

I was just only a photo away to finishing my last article when this very annoying thing happened last night.  You see, I was in the process of editing a photo.  When I tried rotating it, unexpectedly my dell computer screen also rotated sideways!  The touchpad was also functioning sideways.  I mean, how could that happened?  I had no idea what keys I pressed that lead to this sudden catastrophe.  I restarted my computer but when it opened, the screen was still sideways. 

Nervous, pissed, confused...I tried my best to find a solution online.   Thankfully, I found one immediately.  And according the thread in the forum, here's what you should do when your screen gets sideways:

Best solution  
h1p 




laurag said:
My dell monitor screen has turned sideways. How can I get it back to normal?

Try pressing Ctrl + Alt + UP Arrow Key, or try Ctrl + Alt + and a different Arrow Key.

If that does not work: Right-click on empty Desktop > Graphics Options > Rotation. 

Whew!   If I wasn't able to find technical help online and didn't fix , I could have taken the computer to Walmart. 

I was very frustrated that I didn't even took a picture of the screen.  Darn!

7 comments:

http://momscuisine.wordpress.com/ said...

I love your logo design !!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that must have been so frustrating! Thanks for sharing this quick tip! :)

Yona Williams said...

Isn't it nice to have online assistance at your fingertips?

I love when Googling a computer issue comes up with an easy-to-follow solution. I wish that's all I had to deal with this...this weekend, my desktop got fried during a brief power surge/outage. Won't go past the Windows icon. My brother was able to save my hard drive by getting this SATA HD enclosure, so I literally removed the physical harddrive, put it in this enclosure, and hooked it up to my laptop using a USB cord so I could transfer my files. I am very thankful for that!

Unknown said...

Uhhmmm please don't get me wrong but I am laughing here because I remember myself having the same situation like yours back when I was still noob on computers and sometimes the arrow is disappearing and Google is always on the rescue.

krystal said...

Darn! I hope everything works out with your computer.

Nicole Orozco said...

So happy I read your post. If this happens to me I will know exactly how to fix it.

Unknown said...

You gotta love technology... even when it doesn't work LOL Like you said, thank goodness for good support. :)