Pages

Mar 15, 2009

Ladies, Here Is How To Care For Your Bras

I got this care instruction flier from the store I am working in. When I was reading this, I cannot help myself to react on number 1.

CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR BRAS

1. Bras are only made to last three to six months. Of course, the more bras you have, the longer your bras last.
My Comment: Whaaat?!!! I have bras from Avon that are 4 years old now. They still look pretty and fit comfortably.

2. Bras maintain their shape best when hand washed in a gentle soap. Only soak for three minutes.

3. If machine washing, hook bras closed and put them in a mesh laundry bag. This prevents them from being tangled in the agitator and distorting their fit.

4. Always hang to dry. The heat from a dryer destroys the spandex in the back of the bra.

5. Do not use any type of bleach.

6. Try not to wear the same bra two days in a row. Normal body oils break down the spandex in a bra. Allow 24 hours between wearings.

Okay, I hope this instructions make sense to the girls and women out there because it truly makes sense to me. If you have any comments or reactions, feel free to share. Thank you!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it depends on how much time I have to wash and care for my bras. If I have lots of time I do them the way they say to if not they go in the washer and the dryer. I know shame on me except I don't do shame. LOL! Thanks for sharing this it really is good information.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Anonymous said...

@ AngelBaby
Sometimes I am lazy to hand wash my bras. I just put them in the washer with gentle cycle. But I do take care of my bras. They lasted with me for years.