Honestly, I do not know how a hot flash feels. They said that menopausal women only this. If you have hot flashes, beat the heat. Hot flashes do not have to control your life. Consider these tips to control hot flashes.
- Keep a diary of the frequency and severity of hot flashes to identify triggers.
- Dress in layers of breathable fabrics like cotton, linen and rayon. Avoid synthetics, silk and wool.
- Watch what you eat and drink. Alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods can trigger hot flashes.
- Carry a portable fan in case a hot flash occurs. Hmm, kind of obvious :)
- Exercise regularly - women who exercise have a reduced incidence of hot flashes.
- Don't smoke. Smoking exacerbates hot flashes and may prematurely trigger menopause.
- Carry facial tissues and/or baby wipes to absorb perspiration. Surely.
- Consider taking a supplement that reduces menopause symptoms.
Well, I think it is hormonal too.
Reader's Digest Dec. 2010/Jan. 2011