8 ounce smoked sausage; sliced
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
8 ounce tomato sauce
1½ cup rice
1½ cup chicken stock
4 small bay leaves
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the sausage and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, bay leaves, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce. Add the rice and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.