Pages

Aug 20, 2010

Thankful For The Outreach Program In Texas

"In compliance with the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) for its member states including the Philippines, all Philippine passport holders are advised to renew their Philippine passport to machine-readable passport or MRP not later than April 1, 2010." - Philippine Consulate General, Los Angeles, CA.

Finally, my report of marriage is done and the renewed passport has arrived. Now my marriage is recorded here in the USA and in the Philippines as well. Why it took us two years to file? Because we waited for the Philippine Consulate's outreach program here in Texas. And fortunately, when I was visiting their website four months ago, schedules of the outreach program (services include: passport application/renewal, report of birth/marriage, application for dual citizenship, et. al.) were posted. My honey and I were very glad that they scheduled one in Dallas. We are thankful because we didn't have to fly to the Philippine Consulate in California.


It's accomplished. I already have a machine-readable Philippine passport.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I did mine in Chicago,(report of marriage,change name,passport renewal) but I did everything thru mail though,I didn't went there. How much it cost na ba ngayon? I think I only pay $45 before,but that was in 2005 pa.

Mhar's Display said...

We wanted to do the application by mail too. But the Phil. Consulate is not allowing that anymore. The fee is $50 for PPT and $25 for ROM.

Marms