Pages

Nov 11, 2010

A Weekend At The Library

This guest post from Walter Horn

The library is one of the best places on earth. There's no place that will allow you to read the newspapers from different states and magazines that cover such a broad field of topics. It's a super resource center that puts a world of knowledge right at your fingertips.

There's no way to express my full admiration for the people that originally invented this concept. It's the best place on earth for indulging in the world of the written word. I have always loved books, and I love to write. The library gives me an opportunity to read and a quiet space to write. It's the best of both worlds.

I go on Saturdays because I know that there are few people that will wake up and think of going to the library on the weekend. It's always busy during the weekdays. The weekend is different. People are at home watching games or out shopping on Saturday. No one is checking out library books but me. I usually leave home and set my home security alarm. I get some brunch from the local eatery and go directly to the library.

It feels just like home when I'm there, and I always want to hang around for longer than I attended to. I check all the different books and try to decide what I will check out.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: