Pages

Nov 20, 2010

Free Prepared Childbirth And Newborn Care Classes

We finished the Newborn Care and Prepared Childbirth classes this week. Both are informative and essential to pregnant women, and couples like us. These classes are offered free by the hospital and birthing center where I will deliver my baby.

The Newborn Care class basically tackles infant care after delivery which include: feeding (breast or bottle feeding), bathing, infant safety, and others. Then the Prepared Childbirth tackles topics on: stages of labor (proper breathing techniques, relaxation, positioning, focal point...), false and true labor, delivery (normal, Cesarean, medication and non-medication), postpartum recovery, postpartum depression, and others. There are also labor and delivery films to watch.

My honey and I were happy that we attended these classes. I just hope I will be able to remember the techniques to ease labor pains. Labor pain is a pain with a purpose. Nature only knows when I will be in labor. And when the time comes, I should be ready to let my beautiful baby out to see the world.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

BLOGZOOM said...

I remember having gone through it too, I think very important, we feel safer.

Mhar's Display said...

Sissy, yes these are very informative and helpful as well.