Pages

Oct 16, 2010

15 Years of the Gym

Guest post written by my buddy Lavern Small

The gym has been a staple in my life since my first year in college, about fifteen years ago. I was always a little butterball and I had finally had enough. So I turned up the heat and worked off the pounds. Now I am committed to a lifestyle that promotes health and weight loss because I know that I could become that little butterball again very easily.

I go to the gym religiously on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Before heading out I always give the dogs plenty of loving and treats, set my SecurityChoice home alarm system and grad my work out towel.

On Mondays I swim for around an hour. I try to go super early on Mondays to avoid the crowds that come, especially in summer people flock to the pool. Wednesdays I do a Zumba class that is super fun and is a great dance work out. Thursdays and Sundays I focus on running and lifting. I usually run for about an hour each day and then I do some weights. I really try to focus on my upper body because it is the hardest for me to keep toned for some reason.

I really love to eat and so keeping myself on a super healthy diet is also important to stay in shape. I have found ways to make healthy food palatable over the years.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: