Pages

Dec 16, 2008

Programming Is Challenging

My honey and I were at the bookstore yesterday looking for possible gift ideas for the party. While we were there he bought a programming book which he needs for his work. My honey is a skilled programmer. Working in this field, it is necessary to learn new programming languages because information technology changes from time to time. Programming is a high-paying job. It is more on logic and good reasoning. Once the good skill is gained, a rewarding result is obtained which reminds me of a huge competition going on in the internet.

For those who have skills in XML, you have the big opportunity to join the contests that you might find interesting in the XML Challenge. Below are the contests together with a short description. Take time to study and select which one you have the most applied skill.
  • Video Contest: Invent a creative use of XML, XQuery or DB2 and record yourself doing it.
  • Gadget Contest: Develop a downloadable gadget or widget leveraging DB2.
  • Query Contest: Use XQuery to find five answers. The best queries win the best prizes!
  • Ported App Contest1: Port or develop a new app for DB2. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
  • XML2 Contest: Win by building useful, user-friendly XML apps from scratch. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
Before entering the contest, interested participants are required to take a quick quiz at XMLChallenge.com. It does not matter if you have XML or database experience in taking the short questionnaire so it is just piece of cake to you. Prizes and recognition awaits to the lucky XML skilled individuals either students or professionals who want to be the XML superstar.


4 comments:

Poray said...

salamat sa pgbisita nimo sa ako poray's world dai...happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hey Marly, Are you kidding me? This post sounded like Greek to me, I only wish it was a piece of cake. I get nervous just thinking about all of that XML2, DB2, and XQuery just makes my stomach jump. I am definitely not a techi, and I wish I were. It sounds like you and your honey are techis and I congratulate you both on that. I have only wish you lived next door because I'd be over there everyday pretending I wanted a cup of coffee but would really pick your brain and have you teach me all of that stuff you were writing about. lol Great post Marly.

Mrs. Stevenson said...

was here to dropped ec! have a great day ahead!

Anonymous said...

@ porayz
walang anuman porayz :) i will always hop in there.

@ JJ
hey, I am not a techi, my husband is. He likes to learn new things when it comes to technical and electronic stuff. I wish I studied computer science before :)