Pages

Jun 30, 2011

My Gardenia

Besides a vegetable garden, we also put flowering plants in the flower bed at the front yard.  My honey helped me picked the plants that will tolerate the summer heat.  Some of the flowering plants we got did not make it.  But it's okay.  Now I know which ones don't survive longer.

I had a shrub planted too.  Because of the flowery scent, I picked a Gardenia.  It says in the label that it can grow up to three to four feet (height/width).  Big huh?  I like its blooms.  Gardenia grows compactly and reblooms through summer and fall.

Planting Instructions for Gardenia:

1.  water before planting
2.  plant in full sun to part shade
3.  dig hole 3x the width of pot
4.  backfill and plant 1"-2" above soil level
5.  water and add more soil if needed
6.  mulch plants

I hope growing this Gardenia will be a success.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: