Jan 30, 2012
Jan 29, 2012
I remember when I brought my first child home from the hospital late one winter night. My husband was so careful driving home. He went about 20 miles per hour below the speed limit just to be extra careful with our new bundle of joy in the car. We felt like we were carrying around an incredible fragile egg and we would do anything to protect it. The same thing went for our house. It had never occurred to me to have an alarm system on our home until that first night with our little girl in the house. Suddenly our safety was bigger than just my husband and I it was also about our child. We decided that night to start looking in to alarm systems for our home. We wanted to know anything and everything there was to know about alarms and making our home feel safer. We found Home Security 101 through a neighbor who had gone through a similar feeling after bringing their first child home. It was such a relief to know that we had secured our home.
Jan 27, 2012
Jan 25, 2012
Jan 22, 2012
Jan 20, 2012
- Moisturizing needs change in the winter. You may need to switch to a more hydrating moisturizer and use it more frequently.
- Hot water is drying to skin. Bathe (or better yet, shower) in luckwarm water. And always pat dry and moisturize while skin is slightly damp.
- Sunscreen is not just for summer. Winter sun can also damage skin, so remember to apply sunscreen to face and hands.
- Dry, hot indoor air can cause more skin problems than the cold outdoors. Turn down the thermostat and turn on the humidifier.
- Harsh peels can strip oil from your skin, and alcohol-based toners are drying - avoid both in winter months.
- Don't forget your lip balm: Lips can become chapped and cracked in winter.
Jan 19, 2012
Working in a safe, harmonious, and organized workplace makes your job easy and your day productive. Can you imagine yourself in an office or cubicle doing your daily task routine with a very old desktop (that ran as slow as a snail) and messy table (top and bottom)? I can relate. Because I was once an ordinary office employee in a big company but cannot afford to properly automate the office. But then, with the difficulty in organizing my workspace, I have always delivered my tasks at the end of the day.
However, there are still some workspaces out there that need to be cleaned and systematically organized. This is where the Pimp My Cube Contest comes in. The purpose of this contest is to see which workspace needs a make-over. If you or somebody you know has the ugliest, messiest, and least organized workspace, let them know about this contest. Just upload a video showing and telling why that workspace has to win. Then invite family and friends to comment and vote for the video.
The winner will receive a total grand prize of $1200 to update the office/workspace/cube with one of the following:
- New high end computer system
- New Desk, Chair and Decorations
- Entertainment Package with high end stereo, espresso machine etc.
The contest period is from 12/5/11 at 12:00 PM to 1/31/12 at 12:00 PM. In addition, a $200 prize will be given to a registered user and the winner will be chosen by random drawing at the end of the contest period. Join and register your videos now for a chance to win one of the above mentioned prizes for your office or workspace.
Jan 18, 2012
Jan 15, 2012
Are you one of the Walgreens pharmacy patients who are currently benefiting with low prescription medicines rates? If so, I guess you already know about the Walgreens and Express Script. For some who doesn’t, I will try to share what I learned.
Walgreens has been a pharmacy provider under Express Scripts for years. Express Scripts is one of the biggest pharmacy benefit managers in the entire United States. Its primary responsibility is to process and pay prescription drug claims. In this situation, Walgreens is no longer with Express Scripts effective January 2012. To understand more about this issue, please visit http://bit.ly/y6RTpL.
For Walgreens pharmacy patients whose prescription insurance plans are managed by Express Scripts, they will be forced to find another pharmacy and deal with new pharmacists. Higher rates on prescription medication might be imposed. If you get prescription refills from a Walgreens Pharmacy closer to your house and you are happen to have benefits under Express Scripts, driving far distances just to find a new pharmacist is such inconvenient. Kind of disappointing but it’s the truth. Of course, Walgreens wants to retain their pharmacy customers. That is why they are offering the Walgreens Prescription Savings Club.
- Savings on more than 8,000 brand-name and all generic medications
- Discounts on flu shots, pet prescriptions, nebulizers and diabetic supplies
- Bonuses when you purchase Walgreens brand products and photofinishing services
And for $10 a year, a family membership covers everyone in your immediate family, including a spouse, dependents 22 and younger and pets. Individuals may join for $5. Join and receive discount prices on your prescriptions. For more updates about the issue, like Walgreens on Facebook. To connect with recent tweets follow Walgreens on Twitter.
Jan 14, 2012
Jan 13, 2012
Jan 12, 2012
Jan 10, 2012
- Though I was in the early stage of the recovery period (postpartum) from a Cesarian Section delivery, I did the best I could to nurture and take good care of my newborn. And I am so proud that my recovery is a success, and my baby is growing healthier, smarter, and more active everyday.
- We had great vacation in Oklahoma. And that was baby's first travel out-of-State.
- We celebrated the first anniversary of our move back to the house.
- I resumed making money blogging in 2011. Because of my inactivity due to the pregnancy in 2010, I haven't gotten any tasks. Thankful to the Lord that PTB sites gave me another chance.
- My family stays healthy and well. And I met new friends too.
Jan 8, 2012
Jan 6, 2012
- Moisturize more oftn, especially immediately after showering and before bed.
- Take lukewarm showers and use a moisturizing body wash like Olay Ultra Body Wash, or try Olay Ultra Moisture Soap bar.
- Use a humidifier to keep inside air from becoming too dry.
- The skin on your hands is thinner and has fewer oil glands. Always wear gloves in cold weather, wash hands with warm, not hot, water, water, and moisturize often.
- If your hands and feet are very dry, moisturize heavily and sleep in cotton socks and gloves at night.
Jan 4, 2012
Jan 3, 2012
I remember my younger sister asked me if I have purses that I do not use anymore. She would like to have one because she does not have a pretty and new handbag. I thought I will one of these to her and a couple more from my closet. My sister will enjoy using the bags when she attends school meetings or even go to town with kids, for sure.