Pages

Nov 16, 2013

Need Some Help In This Frustrating And Heartbreaking Situation

I was very glad and thankful that I was able to reach and have talked to my brother and sister after the super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) hit the island of Leyte.  I was very emotional because I got worried sick thinking about their situation.  After the typhoon, my brother visited my parents in Kananga the next day to see how's everybody doing in our town.  We were glad that they're okay but also saddened because my sister's and brother's houses were damaged.  All their belongings were damaged and wet.  She and her kids evacuated to my parents' apartment the day before the super typhoon made it's landfall.  According to them, it was a horrible experience and they thought it was the end of the world. There is no power and the communication went down immediately. 

Like everyone else who are severely affected by the super typhoon, my family is struggling as of the moment.  Our hometown was devastated, too.  The stalls and buildings in the market place were destroyed.  Prices of all the basic commodities went sky rocket!  Even the transportation rates got high that nobody can possibly afford to go to Ormoc City right away to get, at least, a cellphone signal to be able to be reached by a family or friend.  So frustrating that even relief goods haven't reached my hometown yet.  People are starving.

My circle of friends here where I live are helping us to gather donations for our families in Kananga.  Honestly, they need money to buy food, rice, canned goods, detergents, soap, toothpaste, sugar, salt, oil, gasoline, kerosene, water, tarpaulin, and small materials to do some repairs for their houses so they can have a place for shelter.  It will take time to rebuild their homes but at least, doing roofing and wall repairs can give them shelter from rain.  Food is scarce because grocery stores in my hometown haven't resumed yet. According to my brother, they have to fall in line at stores in Ormoc City that is selling rice, gas, kerosene, and groceries.  They haven't received any relief goods.  Very pitiful.

If you are reading this post, I would like to appeal to your kindness for a small monetary donation.  I am from Kananga, Leyte and our place was one of the severely devastated by the super typhoon Haiyan.  Please help me help my family.  My father got sick because of the situation.  I am not asking big.  A little help goes a long way.  You can email me at:  mgmarly@gmail.com for donations.  Thank you so much for your help.

No comments: