Pages

Nov 2, 2010

Phillies Baseball: The Highlight of my Summer!


Guest post written by Arnoldo Acevedo
There is nothing more American than watching baseball on a warm summer afternoon. The din of the crowd, the calls of the vendors and the crack of the bat all come together in perfect harmony when I am relaxed in a comfortable chair with a hot dog and beer in my hand. For as long as I can remember, I was raised to live and die by the Philadelphia Phillies. That loyalty has traveled with me throughout the northeast. At home, at school, on vacation; chances are I have some Phillies gear on or within reaching distance in a suitcase or drawer.
It is exhilarating to be at the ballpark and take in all of the sights, sounds, and smells of a day at the game. When I can't be at the park though, I follow my Fightin' Phils wherever I am on satellite TV from www.Direct.tv. No matter if I'm home or away or they're home or away, I am taking in every moment of the exciting action, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. This is especially wonderful these past few years, with the team making a series of postseason runs. Not only will I follow the club for all 162 regular season games, but I'll be on the edge of my seat as they push for another World Series title.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: