Pages

Feb 27, 2015

Winter Wonderland In North Texas



Snow on the trees in the backyard.
So we got snow again today.  The winter storm advisory took effect at 6:00 A.M. this morning until 6:00 P.M. tomorrow, Saturday night.  We had about 2 inches of snow here in our area.  Dallas and some parts of Northeast Texas had snow up to 4 inches deep. The temperature was between 26 to 29 degrees Fahrenheit all day.

We didn't have plans to go out this morning but my darling daughter asked for Chicken and Cheese Wraps for breakfast.  I don't have them in the refrigerator so we drove to the gas station close by to buy the food that she's wanting.

A dove up high in the tree.
DD checking how deep the snow is.
Since it's below freezing temperature, I decided to buy a stack of firewood. It sells $25 at the gas station.  Pretty high priced.  I built a fire at the fireplace as soon as we got home because we were shivering cold. :)  My husband came home from work at about 1:30 in the afternoon.

The ground is all white except the roads.


10 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

Aww, you guys got a dusting. We have about 3 feet of it here.

Unknown said...

If that is a winter wonderland, then come and check out NY/MA we are 12-24 if not more inches deep all around!

Mom Among Chaos said...

I'm so sick of snow, especially since I live in Michigan.

Dhemz said...

oh, what a beauty! I have not seen this kind of weather here in Texas...:)

Pink Thoughts said...

So cold yet so beautiful. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures especially for a person like me who haven't experience know.

mail4rosey said...

I'm so amazed. I feel really dumb but I just didn't think Texas got snow.. ever. :)

Unknown said...

We just keep getting buried here in New England! It looks like you have a beautiful winter wonderland there!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh, stay warm!

Yona Williams said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun with the snow in Texas. I couldn't believe the weather that they (you) are having. Great pictures of the snow-covered trees.

Eliz Frank said...

I think it's so cool that you got some of the snow and made the best of it. Like Robyn, I'm over it on the east coast.