Pages

Jul 5, 2008

The Biometrics Process

As one of the requirements in my application for Adjustment of Status here in the USA, I just had my biometrics taken in Fort Worth. Some people I know are asking me what is biometrics. So here's what I answered to their question.

Biometrics is the science and technology of measuring and analyzing biological data. In information technology, biometrics refers to technologies that measure and analyze human body characteristics, such as fingerprints, eye retinas and irises, voice patterns, facial patterns and hand measurements, for authentication purposes. Biometric devices, such as fingerscanners, consist of:
  • A reader or scanning device
  • Software that converts the scanned information into digital form and compares match points
  • A database that stores the biometric data for comparison

This is becoming increasingly common in corporate and public security systems to prevent identity theft. Read more...


No comments: